This page may contain affiliate links, to find out more information, please read my disclosure statement.
Or are pretty sure you have it?
Have you had it a long time and are now wanting to learn more about it? Do you still feel unwell?
I’ve compiled the below links and info to introduce you to the most commonly asked questions for those just introduced to it.
There’s clearly a lot of links below, but I feel that all of these are essential reading to the newly diagnosed, or those with not much knowledge on hypothyroidism.
You could bookmark them, or this page, and come back to it whenever you have the time to read them.
Also see my book, aimed at those who are new to understanding their hypothyroidism, underactive thyroid or Hashimoto’s Be Your Own Thyroid Advocate: When You’re Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired.
I’ve listed all the resources I’ve developed over the years to help here, too.
- What is hypothyroidism?
- What are the different thyroid medication options?
- I don’t want to take thyroid meds. Can I take something ‘natural’ instead?
- Am I taking my medication correctly?
- What happens if I don’t take my thyroid medication?
- Can hypothyroidism be cured?
- How long will it take me to feel well again?
- Will I ever feel ‘normal’ again?
- What is Hashimoto’s? Do I have it?
- How do I treat Hashimoto’s?
- Can you cure Hashimoto’s?
- How many of my symptoms are common among other thyroid patients?
- Why have I gained weight?
- What other conditions can hypothyroidism come hand in hand with?
- What tests should my doctor be doing?
- What’s wrong with my doctor testing TSH alone?
- How do I prepare for Thyroid Tests?
- What results should I be looking for?
- What is a thyroid conversion problem?
- What supplements should I consider taking?
- Why is my hair falling out?
- Are there any books I can read?
- Are there any support groups I can join?
- Why are the adrenal glands important?
- What is the endocrine system?
- Should I avoid any particular foods?
- What could any enlargement or abnormalities of my thyroid gland mean?
- Why is gluten ‘bad’ for so many thyroid patients?
There’s lots of other helpful info on this site for you to check-out when you feel up to it, too.