Have you just been diagnosed with an underactive thyroid (also called hypothyroidism and thyroid disease) or are pretty sure you have it? Have you had it a long time and are now wanting to learn more about it? Do you still feel unwell?
I’ve compiled the below links and info to introduce you to the most commonly asked questions for those just introduced to it.
There’s clearly a lot of links below, but I feel that all of these are essential reading to the newly diagnosed, or those with not much knowledge on hypothyroidism.
You could bookmark them, or this page, and come back to it whenever you have the time to read them.
Also find my book, aimed at those who are new to understanding their hypothyroidism, underactive thyroid or Hashimoto’s, here: Be Your Own Thyroid Advocate: When You’re Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired.
- What is hypothyroidism?
- What are the thyroid medication options?
- What happens if I don’t take my medication?
- Can Hypothyroidism be cured?
- How long will it take me to feel well again?
- What’s Hashimoto’s? Do I have it?
- How do I treat Hashimoto’s?
- How many of my symptoms are common among other underactive thyroid patients?
- Why is weight gain a common symptom?
- What other conditions can hypothyroidism come hand in hand with?
- What tests should my doctor be doing?
- What’s wrong with my doctor testing TSH alone?
- What results should I be aiming for?
- What’s a conversion problem? Why is it common?
- What supplements should I consider taking?
- Why is my hair falling out?
- Any books I can read?
- Any support groups I can join?
- Why are the adrenal glands important?
- What is the endocrine system?
- Should I avoid any foods?
- What could any enlargement or abnormalities mean?
- Could I have a gluten sensitivity?
- Why is gluten ‘bad’ for so many thyroid patients?
- Will I ever feel ‘normal’ again?
There’s lots of other helpful info on this site for you to check-out when you feel up to it, too.
This page may contain affiliate links, to find out more information, please read my disclosure statement.