Click here to listen to a reading of this blog:
I generally feel stressed at the littlest thing right now, and I have a thousand thoughts constantly racing through my mind at once. I’m struggling to deal with stressors like the average person and I believe my sex hormone imbalance and high cortisol are at fault for this.
Stressors are piling up on top of each other, causing my motivation and concentration to suffer severely. I’m also ratty, irritable, anxious and feeling on edge. I’m over-thinking everything, assuming everyone hates me (with me being this way, who wouldn’t?!) and I feel like I’ve gone through a whole personality change.
With that in mind, I’ve made myself a list of things I need to remind myself to do. I think I’ll print it out and stick it up at home somewhere.
It’s a list of things I need to remember sometimes.
- Challenge myself every day.
- Feel fulfilled every day.
- In the grand scheme of things, most things aren’t worth worrying about and compromising my health. Take a breather and let go.
- Live for today and this week. Stop worrying about the future. I never know what might happen. Enjoy today. Let go of irrational stresses/worries.
- Stop living for the weekend/holiday/annual leave. Find a way to enjoy every day.
- Stop putting myself down. Start putting myself first.
- Stop worrying about others when they don’t worry about me. Those who do care about me will make it obvious.
- Appreciate those who do make the effort, not the ones who don’t. Don’t get hang up on them. It won’t change anything and they won’t care anyway.
- I can’t help everyone. If they don’t want help, don’t bother. They need to be wanting to help themselves, like I have done.
- Stop always expecting what I give, in return. This is unrealistic.
- Always have something I am working towards. A goal, aim, ambition etc. Be constantly developing as an individual.
- I can overcome whatever obstacle I am currently facing. I’ve already done so millions of times.
- Stop blaming other people for my misfortune. Focus on what I can do to change it. Resentment doesn’t solve anything. It’s pointless.
- Make more time for myself – baths, self care, reading, less TV and phone time, baking and talking to friends.