Click here to listen to a reading of this blog:
An easy light dish or snack, also perfect for gatherings.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Serves: 2 adults
2 tablespoons of chunky peanut butter
1 garlic clove, finely grated
1 teaspoon of medium curry powder
8 shakes of soy sauce (make sure it’s gluten-free) or use liquid aminos if you avoid soy
2 skinless chicken breast fillets
Half a cucumber
Sweet chilli sauce to serve
Rice to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Line a tray with baking paper.
- Mix the peanut butter, garlic, curry powder, soy sauce and the juice of the lime together in a bowl.
- Slice the chicken breasts into strips, then add to the bowl and mix well so they’re evenly coated.
- Put the chicken on the baking tray, spaced apart, and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Whilst this is cooking, slice the cucumber into strips and put sweet chilli sauce in to serving bowl.
- Prepare any rice or additional salad.
- Serve altogether.
What are your favourite light meal and snack ideas?
Rachel Hill is the highly ranked and award-winning thyroid patient advocate, writer, blogger, speaker and author behind The Invisible Hypothyroidism. She has two books: ‘Be Your Own Thyroid Advocate‘ and ‘You, Me and Hypothyroidism‘. Her thyroid advocacy work includes authoring books, writing articles, blogging and speaking on podcasts. Rachel has worked with The National Academy of Hypothyroidism, BBC, The Mighty, Yahoo, MSN, ThyroidChange and more. She is well-recognised as a useful contributor to the thyroid community and has received eight 2020 WEGO Health Award Nominations.