Click here to listen to a reading of this blog:
This naturally sweet and filling breakfast option is a favourite of mine. Especially as it’s so easy to make. You can supplement the milk for a non-dairy option.
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Serves: 1 adult
240ml Semi Skimmed Milk
40g Gluten-Free Porridge Oats
1 Golden Delicious Apple
1-2 Handful of Raspberries (fresh or frozen work equally as well)
- Put the milk and oats in to a saucepan and heat on low-medium.
- Dice the apple and add it to the pan.
- Add the raspberries to the pan also. I use about 1 and a half handfuls.
- Stir constantly, as the porridge starts to form and thicken and the raspberries break up to make a pink sauce that mixes in to the porridge.
- After roughly 10 minutes (may be a little less), your porridge should be ready. Taste it to check the consistency is right. It should look pink in colour!
If you try it, let me know what you think!
Rachel Hill is the highly ranked and multi-award winning thyroid patient advocate, writer, speaker and author behind The Invisible Hypothyroidism. Her thyroid advocacy work includes authoring books, writing articles, blogging and speaking on podcasts, as well as being a board member for The American College of Thyroidology and The WEGO Health Patient Leader Advisory Board. Rachel has worked with The National Academy of Hypothyroidism, The BBC, The Mighty, Yahoo, MSN, ThyroidChange and many more. She is well-recognised as a useful contributor to the thyroid community and has received multiple awards and recognitions for her work and dedication. She has authored two books: ‘Be Your Own Thyroid Advocate‘ and ‘You, Me and Hypothyroidism‘. Rachel is British, but advocates for thyroid patients on a global scale.