As well as all the millions of people who are suspected to have thyroid problems worldwide (although as many as 60% aren’t aware they do), there are some people in the public eye who also have them.
- Pop star Rachel Stevens has an underactive thyroid.
- Singer Leona Lewis has Hashimoto’s.
- Actress and presenter Sherrie Hewson has hypothyroidism.
- Actress Gena Lee Nolin has Hashimoto’s Disease.
- Oprah Winfrey had hyperthyroidism first, then hypothyroidism.
- Fitness Guru Jillian Michaels has hypothyroidism.
- Musician Rod Stewart was diagnosed with thyroid cancer in 2000.
- Musician Sia Furler was diagnosed with Graves’ Disease in 2010 and had to have radioactive iodine therapy that made her hypothyroid.
- Former US President George H. W. Bush was diagnosed with Graves’ disease in 1991 and was treated with radioactive iodine. His wife, Barbara, was also diagnosed with Graves’ disease and so was their dog Millie!
- Actress Sofia Vergara has had thyroid cancer.
- Hilary Clinton, US Former first lady, Senator and Secretary of State, has hypothyroidism.
- Rapper Missy Elliott was diagnosed with Graves’ disease and hyperthyroidism in 2008.
- TV personality Kelly Osbourne struggles with thyroid problems, namely hyperthyroidism, and attributes her weight fluctuations to them. She chooses not to be medicated for it.
- Actress Kim Cattrall has Hashimoto’s.
- Actress Gina Rodriguez has Hashimoto’s and Hypothyroidism.
- Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner, President of Argentina, had thyroid cancer.
- Singer Dannii Minogue has had hypothyroidism
- Jeremy Vine, Journalist/broadcaster, has had an overactive thyroid.
- Runner Paula Radcliffe has had postpartum hyperthyroidism.
- Actress and singer Victoria Justice has Hashimoto’s.
- Singer Mick Hucknall has hypothyroidism.
- Model Gigi Hadid has Hashimoto’s.
- TV presenter and ‘expert cleaner’ Kim Woodburn has hypothyroidism.
- Footballer Ronaldo has hypothyroidism.
- Actress and soap star Bhavna Limbachia has Hypothyroidism.
- Oasis singer Liam Gallagher has Hashimoto’s.
- American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson has Hashimoto’s.
- Keltie Knight, the television correspondent from Entertainment Tonight has hypothyroidism.
Do you know of any others? Let me know!
Written by Rachel, The Invisible Hypothyroidism
Rachel is a Thyroid Patient Advocate and Expert with Six 2018 WEGO Health Award Nominations. She is a highly ranked writer appearing in the Top Hypothyroidism Websites and Top Thyroid Websites 2018, and is a qualified Diet and Nutritional Advisor, also currently studying for relevant qualifications and certificates in Life Coaching, Motivational Speaking, Reflexology and more. She has worked with The National Academy of Hypothyroidism, The BBC, The Mighty, Dr. Hedberg, Thyroid UK and ThyroidChange, to name just a few. She is well recognised as a trusted and useful contributor to the thyroid community.